Five things Friday will be 5 random things I remember from childhood.
Today I’ll be remembering 5 types of the shoes I wore as a kid. OK, it was hard to choose only 5, but here it goes.
1. 1970s Brown suede hiking boot with red laces. These were not warm. I remember my feet freezing. But I wanted them so bad. It was one of the first times I was allowed to pick my own winter boots.
2. 1980s Chinese Mary Janes. I wore these in 8th grade. Mostly worn with mini skirts. I loved these shoes. They were cheap and comfy.
3. 1980s Minnetonka Moccasins. Again, I begged and begged for these. I wanted a pair so much. I wore them with my Lee Baggies and polo shirts.
4. 1980s Before High top Reeboks and LA Gears were popular, it was all about high top Pony sneakers. I had this exact pair. No one wore them laced up. They were loose and we all just sort of shuffled along. I don’t know how teachers could stand it. I don’t know how any of us made it through gym class.
5. 1980s Bass sandals. I wore these down until they were pretty disgusting. haha. I can still remember the squish sound from wearing them when it was raining. ugh.