Homemade Body Wash I (Microwave Melted)
6 cups water
3 bars of Dove soap
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Once boiled, turn down to medium heat.
- While water is boiling, microwave the bars of soap for approximately 30 seconds at a time in a microwave-safe container. The soap will get soft and melt within 90 seconds.
- Once soap is melted, quickly transfer to the saucepan. Continue stirring occasionally over medium heat until the soap is completely dissolved.
- Pour it into a bottle. It will thicken as it cools and will continue to thicken for about 24 hours. Can add water to reach desired consistency. Makes roughly 48 ounces.
Homemade Body Wash II (Grated)
- Grate 2 bars of soap with a fine cheese grater. (4.25 oz Olay Shea Butter bars or bar soap of choice)
- Pour 2 cups of water and grated soap in a saucepan. Heat together over medium low until soap is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Will look like whole milk. Pour into bottles.
- Cool completely overnight. Mine had the consistency of melted ice cream when cooled. Use a dollop on your poof. Makes roughly 24 ounces.
Homemade Body Wash III (Shampoo and Epsom Salt)
1 cup of Suave shampoo, 1/2 cup water, 3 tablespoons Epsom salt. Combine all the ingredients together and whisk the mixture until it’s kind of frothy. Pour it into a recycled liquid soap container. Shake before each use.
Homemade Body Wash IV (Castile)
2 cups Tom’s of Maine moisturizing bar soap or Dr. Bronner’s Castile soap (grated)
1/2 gallon distilled water
2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
15 drops skin-safe fragrance or essential oil
Mix grated soap, water and glycerin together in a large pan. Warm on the stove using low heat. Stir until the soap dissolves. Add essential oil and mix well. Transfer to a jar with a tight lid.